Rihab News, RNA
After the obvious growing of Houthi group in Yemen, and control of the reins of power, and control of Aden the residence of the Yemeni President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi ,Gulf states did not stand to watch what is going on.
they moved today, led by Saudi Arabia against the Houthi group, which seized control of the many places in the Yemeni territories.
The Egyptian Alwatan website published what the Regional Centre for Strategic Studies, declared about the implications of the current Yemeni crisis, not on Yemen and the Gulf States only, but on the Arab regional system as a whole, these implications are:
- growing Iranian influence in the south of the Arabian Peninsula: Iran has been and continues to provide financial, political and media support for the Houthis, and just being present in Yemen is an encirclement to traditional enemy: Saudi Arabia, through the siege in all respects, there is Iraq, and now Iran is working to control the South Arabian Peninsula, because of its great strategic importance.
- influence in the strategic depth of the Gulf Cooperation Council to work on the control of the Strait of Bab el-Mandeb, and then threaten freedom of navigation in the strategic spot that task.
- exacerbate terrorism in the region, and this is evident from the growing conflict between al-Qaeda in Yemen and the Houthi group, led Huthi control of Sanaa to the escalation of risk and activity of al-Qaeda, it also infused conflict and terrorist operations ideological dimension.
- Violating the Gulf initiative: the control of the Houthis by force in Yemen is a violation of the Gulf initiative put forward by the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in November 2011 items.
- Protection Gulf interests in Yemen, in addition to the real motive of the Gulf of intervention in the Yemeni crisis is to protect the Strait of Bab el-Mandab against the control Houthis, for being the main road to the movement of oil, as well as other economic interests GCC countries seeking to preserve them, in light of the critical security situation in Yemen.